Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ultimate Beef Stroganoff



Not gonna lie, I didn't love this but I probably left too many of the ingredients out... mainly the mushrooms, I thought about putting them in for flavor then taking them out, I have never used mushrooms before though and I didn't end up buying them so.... yeah. But it was still good enough to put on here :)

http://mykitchencafe.blogspot.com/2008/04/ultimate-beef-stroganoff.html

The Ultimate Beef Stroganoff

2-3 lbs Stew meat (I actually just cooked a big roast and used half of the meat from it)
1 tsp salt
a dash of pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1 TBS worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1 TBS ketchup
1/3 cup flour
5-6 TBS apple juice ( i just used water and i put a pinch of brown sugar :) we didn't have juice)
1/2 cup sour cream

Cook the meat in the crock pot for 7-8 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high with the salt, pepper, and onion powder. Mix the flour and apple juice to make a thick (but pourable) mixture and whisk into the crock pot. (this is where you add 4oz of mushrooms that I'm thinking are probably somewhat necessary, considering this is stroganoff) Mix the garlic salt, worcestershire sauce, beef broth and ketchup in a bowl, then pour over the meat. Cook on high for 15-30 minutes. Stir in the sour cream and serve over pasta.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Reagan! I made this today with the onion and mushrooms, substituting grape juice for the apple juice. It turned out great!! I'm guessing that the tanginess of the juice added a lot to it. I also cooked the meat in the crockpot with the beef broth/worcestershire/garlic salt/ketchup mixture. So, so yummy, and so so easy. Perfect for Sunday dinner. We'll definitely be having this one again. Also a good dish to bring to someone for dinner. Thanks for posting it! (And the link to the original)

    ReplyDelete