Friday, February 26, 2010

Biscuits and Gravy (with Bacon!)


yes, that is my BACON SANDWICH in the corner YUM!


I LOVE bacon... I could literally eat a whole pound by myself... disgusting I know but I can't help it, it is just so yummy! ANYWAYS.... I made some bacon then used the grease to make gravy.


Biscuits

2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup shortening
3/4 cup milk


Put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a bowl and mix together. Cut the shortening in with a pastry blender. Pour in the milk and mix with a fork or your hands... it is pretty messy with your hands but that is just how I do it for some reason. you can roll out the dough and use a cookie cutter to make into circles but I just shape them with my hands... don't have to be perfect :) Then bake at 450 degrees for about 10 mins, until they are golden brown on the bottom.

Gravy

4 TBS shorting (I used the bacon grease instead)
4 TBS flour
Milk
salt
pepper





Melt the shortening in a hot skillet. Add the flour until it is thickened, but still a little runny. Add the salt and pepper and cook until it is a little browned. Add the milk gradually, this will have to be quick though so it doesn't clump up, stir it constantly with a whisk while adding milk, until it is thick (a gravy consistency) I added bits of bacon into it too

1 comment:

  1. Yummy looking dish. I haven't had biscuits and gravy in a long time. I think I will get it a try. Thanks for sharing and linking up. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete