Friday, February 19, 2010

Creamy White Chili


I got this recipe from:


Creamy White Chili

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
1 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 TBS oil
2 cans (15.5 oz) Great northern beans, rinsed and drained
1 regular size can white hominy
1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
1 can green chili enchilada sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup whipping cream
I added a can of navy beans
And I know it is supposed to be white chili but I also added a can of black beans




I had some shredded chicken in the freezer that I used and it was really good with that. So you can cook and shred the chicken, or you can put the oil in a large sauce pan, cut the chicken into 1/2 inch cubes and saute it with the onion and garlic powder until it is no longer pink.
Add the beans, broth, chili sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in the sour cream and whipping cream. If you'd like you can garnish with fresh cilantro, I put cheese on mine! My husband of course seasoned his with lots of cayenne pepper! He loves the stuff! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment