Saturday, February 13, 2010

Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps




Definitely one of my favorites that I've tried this month!!! I would definitely recommend you try this one out!! I got this recipe from http://mykitchencafe.blogspot.com/2009/09/crispy-southwest-chicken-wraps.html


Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps

1 cup cooked rice
1 cup cooked chicken
1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
1/8 cup fresh cilantro, Chopped
Juice of one Lime
1/2 TBS chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp onion powder
Shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
sour cream
6 Burrito sized tortillas
I also added a little bit of cayenne pepper for a little more spice




Cook your rice while your cooking your chicken so it is all ready to throw together at the same time.
Cook and Shred Chicken, I cook it in a pressure cooker then put it into my kitchen aid, while it is still hot, with the whisk attachment on high for a minute and it is all shredded! (Thanks mom for that tip... I forget who told you, but thank you to that person too!!)

I put it all into a skillet so it was easier to mix even tho I didn't do it over heat (the rice was still hot though) Mix the rice with the chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, onion powder. Add the remaining ingredients except for the cheese and sour cream, I actually added the sour cream here, just a few spoonfuls. Sprinkle the cheese over the tortillas, leaving 1/2 inch around the edges, then dot with sour cream (if you didn't already mix it in like I did) put the rice and chicken mixture down the middle of each tortilla. Roll the stuffed tortillas leaving the edges open. Spray with cooking spray and put into hot skillet (medium heat) seam side down (spray it all over) cook until golden brown and crisp on both sides (2-3 mins on both sides- it may cook fast if your skillet is really hot though so watch it!)

1 comment:

  1. Made this a few weeks ago, and they were super yummy. We only had small fajita tortillas, so it ended up making a whole bunch. I loved the crispy tortillas! I think they needed a little more heat, maybe next time I'll add green chilis or try some cayenne(don't have that in the spice cupboard yet). Also, they'd be good with some avocado ranch dip. Need to find out how to do that. Thanks so much for the tip about shredding the chicken in the kitchenaid. Never would have thought of that. I don't have a pressure cooker, so I boiled it and it worked ok to.

    ReplyDelete