Friday, February 26, 2010

Empanadas








Ok so these were good, because of the filling, but the dough was NOT good!! I got the recipe off of about.com and it was just really hard and didn't taste good. So I wont give you that recipe.


My husband went to Argentina for his mission and he had empanadas and he loves them so I tried to make them, but I'll have to get a different recipe for the dough (anyone have a good one?)




Empanada Filling

2 lbs ground beef ( I used shredded beef from the roast I made the other day YUM!)
2 small potatoes, diced and boiled until soft
onion salt
garlic powder
1 cup beef broth
1 tsp oil



Dice the potatoes and put them in a small saucepan cover with water and boil until soft (about 8 minutes) Cook the meat and add all other ingredient except the potatoes. Let it cook until the liquid is almost gone. Fold in the potatoes. Fill the empanadas and fry them in oil or bake them (I did half baked and half fried)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Reagan,
    I made some empanadas tonight using meat like yours and I found a pretty good recipe for the dough. I tried them both fried and baked and the fried were much much better. We will only be frying them unless we fill them with fruit pie filling maybe. Here it is from food.com

    2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
    1 ½ teaspoons salt
    ½ cup partially frozen butter (cut into small cubes, place the butter cubes in the freezer until ALMOST completely frozen)
    1 large egg
    1⁄3; cup ice water
    1 tablespoon vinegar

    Sift together the flour and salt, cut in butter with a pastry blender. Whisk together the egg, vinegar, and ice water then add to the flour mixture. Mix and form into a ball. Knead the ball a couple times, and put in the fridge to chill. Roll out, cut, fill cook as desired.

    ReplyDelete