Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Chicken Salad Sandwiches


Awful picture! sorry, I didn't get a pic of the finished platter which was beautiful if I do say so myself!

Mmmmmm... Chicken salad sandwiches are pretty much my favorite!!
I made these for a bridal shower last Saturday and I was so glad for the excuse to make them!!

Chicken Salad Sandwiches
You will need:

5-6 boneless skinless (fatless, veinless :)) chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 granny smith apple
Red grapes
Miracle Whip
Whatever bread you want to put it on.
(this makes a bunch!)


For the chicken I cut any thing off that is even touching the fat or veins... I am SO picky when it comes to chicken if I didn't make it I usually wont eat it... I'm horrible! Anyways I cook it in my pressure cooker for 20-30 minutes, take it out and put it straight into my kitchen aid with the whisk attachment (while the chicken is still piping hot) and put it on high for just a few seconds until it is mostly shredded. Then get one small granny smith apple and cut it into thin slices, then dice into smaller pieces. Then get some red grapes and quarter them. Put the fruit in with the shredded chicken and add miracle whip until it is pretty moist, I use quite a bit because you don't want your sandwiches to be dry! I like it best served on croissants, like the small ones from Costco (YUM). For the ones I made on Saturday I made some crescent rolls with a recipe my friend Holly gave me and they were SO good, they were a little bit sweet and went really nicely with the chicken salad. I also made some mini rolls because I didn't have time to make another batch of crescent rolls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment