Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Jello Cake


I guess this isn't really a "recipe" recipe because it is just using mixes but it is dang good!!!

When I was younger living in Connecticut I remember my Aunt Karen making this cake, I've never really liked cake, and I really don't like cake with frosting... weird I know... but this cake is YUMMY, and the "frosting" is pudding!!!

Anyways all you do is make a White cake mix, with the oil, water and egg whites

Bake it and let it cool, then poke it all over with a fork.

Then make a strawberry Jello mix (as directed, with the boiling water/cold water :))and pour it all over the punctured cake.

THEN make dream whip (as directed... not gonna lie I skip this part and put straight up pudding on the cake)And make a box of vanilla pudding as directed... milk... and mix the 2 together with a little red food coloring to make it pretty... we only had green food coloring... that wouldn't have been so pretty! let it chill in the fridge for a few hours and Tada voila, a jello cake!

SO... Everything you need

White cake mix
oil
water
egg whites
Strawberry Jello mix
water
Dream Whip... don't know what you need with this ... milk maybe?
Vanilla Pudding Mix
Milk

I think I'm going to try to make a chocolate version... with raspberry jello... do they make raspberry??? hope so cuz that sounds good!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. My family makes that exact same cake. This is the first time I've heard of someone else making it with both the jello and pudding. Most use just jello.

    Stopped by from Life as Mom's URS.

    ReplyDelete