Friday, March 19, 2010

Refried Beans


So... I love homemade refried beans. I love them so much I can't even eat the kind out of a can anymore!! They are just SO delicious when you make them yourself.


Make a big ol' pot of beans:

I use my pressure cooker so that it only takes 20-30 minutes to cook. First of all though you need to wash and soak your beans overnight. Rinse them and put them into your pot and cover them with water. I put a few slices of bacon in the pot (makes them very tasty!!) and some salt.



Re-fry the beans:

Just put a tablespoon or so of oil into a medium skillet, let it get hot. Put a few scoops of beans (none of the liquid, just beans) and let them fry for a little while until the skins pop open. Get a potato masher and squish the beans adding the rest of the beans with the bean juice, mashing them all up until they are all mashed and the liquid is thickened

1 comment:

  1. I love making homemade refried beans. I can't eat them out of a can now either!!

    ReplyDelete