Sunday, March 7, 2010

Cheesy Lasagna


I got this recipe from my better crocker Sunday Dinner Cookbook and I changed it up quite a bit so I could use the cheeses that I had on hand. I also used italian seasoning instead of all of the individual fresh herbs.

Cheesy Lasagna

1/2 cup margarine or butter
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
4 cups milk
2 slices provolone cheese
3 slices muenster cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 cups ricotta cheese (I replaced the cottage cheese with ricotta cuz I like it better and I already had some)
1 TBS italian seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
12 uncooked lasagna noodles
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese


Cook at 350 Degrees for 35-40 minutes

Melt the margarine or butter in 2-quart saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour and salt. Stir constantly until smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in the milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.

Stir in provolone, muenster, mozzarella, and 1/2 cup parmasean cheese. Cook and stir over low heat until the cheeses are melted. Mix in the italian seasoning and garlic powder.

Put 1/4 of the cheese mixture into a 9x13 pan then dot with 3/4 cup ricotta cheese then lay down 4 noodles and repeat that pattern until it is all used up. Bake uncovered and let it stand 10 minutes before cutting.

1 comment:

  1. I just ate, but I got hungry again just looking at that picture. Lasagna is one of my favorites, especially with all of that delicious cheese and none of that yucky meat stuff. Mmmm (drool), mmm.

    ReplyDelete