Monday, March 22, 2010

Baja Chicken Tacos


I made this with my pitas instead of taco shells.

This recipe is from Publix Apron's Simple Meals http://www.publix.com/aprons/meals/MainDish/SimpleMeal.do?mealId=4812&mealGroupId=1004 They had a sample at the store and it was good so I decided to try it out myself! They used chicken thighs but I used chicken breasts instead... you know me and my chicken issues! :)

Baja Chicken Tacos


1 lb chicken
1 avocado
1/4 cup sour cream
2 TBS taco seasoning
1 (8oz) can pineapple tidbits (drained)
1/4 cup mild salsa
1/4 cup diced tomatoes


I used some shredded chicken that I had in the freezer (makes life so much easier!)
The recipe says: Preheat a grill pan on high for 2-3 minutes, season the chicken with the taco seasoning (wash hands) Place chicken on pan and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until 165 degrees F. Cut chicken into small pieces.
My way, just heat up the shredded chicken in a skillet and season with the taco seasoning. Combine chicken with the pineapple then stir in the salsa (Ok so this is kinda ridiculous but I blended up the salsa so that it wasn't chunky!). Put a few thin slices of avocado into each pita (or taco shell) Fill with the chicken mixture and top with sour cream and tomatoes... or if your me then just the sour cream! You can add extra salsa too. mmm now I want to make it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment