Thursday, March 4, 2010

Alfredo Sauce


Here is another one I got from my dad. I made it the best I've ever made it last night! So tasty and the perfect texture!! I was so excited, I don't like store bought Alfredo sauce, it always has a weird taste to it. We ate this with Gnocchi... I didn't make the Gnocchi, but I found a recipe and will try to make them from scratch sometime, but anyways we had garlic knots also... I'll post that recipe next!!

I didn't measure out the cheese but I'll do my best

Alfredo Sauce

2 TBS butter
2 TBS flour
milk (maybe like 2 cups +/-)
garlic salt
just a quick dash of onion powder
a handful of mozzarella cheese (I'd guess about 1/3 cup)
1 TBS Parmesan/Romano
1 slice provolone cheese
2 TBS cream cheese
1 slice Muenster cheese
salt and pepper to taste


***you can pretty much use whatever white cheese you have on hand... just add little bit of each and whatever tastes good to you! :)

Melt the butter it a saucepan over medium heat, add the flour and let it get a little browned. Add the milk I'm just guessing at the 2 cups so just pour it in until it is a little bit thick, constantly stirring with a whisk, so it doesn't clump up. Put a handful of mozzarella cheese in and stir until melted (make sure you don't add too much or it will be too stringy), add the cream cheese, provolone (ripped into pieces) and the muenster also torn into pieces, and the Parmesan/Romano. stir until melted if it is too thick and cheesy add a little more milk until it is a good consistency. Add a little garlic salt to however garlic-y you want it, don't put too much though, you don't want it to be garlic sauce! Then add the onion powder and salt and pepper and just keep tasting it for the right amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment