Sunday, April 11, 2010

Monkey Bread




I found this recipe here http://buttercreambarbie.blogspot.com/2010/01/cinnamon-walnut-monkey-bread.html and decided to try it because it is different than my normal monkey bread recipe. It was delicious but I like the old recipe better, the only thing is I usually use Pillsbury biscuits instead of making the dough so what I'll do in the future is use this dough recipe but for the rest use my recipe ( I'll eventually get that recipe on here!!). Oh and for this recipe there is supposed to be walnuts and icing but I didn't do either, though I'm sure it would've been even better with the icing!

Monkey Bread

Dough:
1 1/3 cups warm water
4 1/2 tsp instant yeast
3 TBS sugar
2 tsp salt
5 TBS butter, melted1
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1-2 cups bread flour


Filling:
3/4 cup melted butter
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup light brown sugar

Icing:
2 cups confectioners sugar
2-3 TBS milk
1 tsp vanilla


Dissolve the yest in warm water with 1 TBS sugar for 2-3 minutes. Add in butter, sugar, salt, and all purpose flour. Mix until it forms a soft mass and the bread flour as needed to form a soft dough. Let rise covered in a warm place for 30-45 minutes.

Make the coating by putting melted butter in a bowl and in a separate bowl mix the brown sugar and cinnamon.

Deflate the dough and divide into 1/2 inch pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and dip into the butter then into the cinnamon mixture. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the cinnamon sugar mixture into the bottom of the bundt pan. Layer the dough balls in the pan, cover with plastic wrap and let it rise for 1 hour. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Let it cool for 15 minutes them invert onto a large plate. Make the Icing and drizzle over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment