Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Breakfast Burrito

Sorry, looks like I got into another little rut for a little bit there, but I am climbing my way out... slowly but surly, hence this post... I know it isn't really a recipe and even my husband could make it without instruction, but I must restart somewhere! (have you noticed how much I love run-on sentences??)


I love a big breakfast, but I rarely have anything besides cereal lately. Even if I do make a big breakfast I'm the only one that would eat it. My husband is just not a breakfast person and can't eat very much in the morning, so whenever I do make something he only takes a few bites and is done... not cool!! So I made these for lunch the other day!


Breakfast Burrito

Scrambled eggs
4-5 eggs
2 TBS (about) milk
salt and pepper

real bacon bits
cheese
3 big tortillas

*** If you have any leftover baked potatoes in the fridge you can cut them into small squares and fry it with a little butter and add that in too...mmmmmmmm SO good, that is how my mom makes them!

Heat 10" skillet on medium heat. Meanwhile, crack eggs into a bowl or cup with milk, salt, and pepper and whip it with a fork for at least 1 minute to break the eggs up and incorporate the milk.

Pour the bacon bits into the pan and crisp them up a bit, you can pour the egg mixture right on top or take them out and add them to the burrito later ( I add them after)

Cook the eggs using a plastic fork or small spatula to scrape the sides and scramble the eggs. Cook until the milk is mostly evaporated and the eggs are cooked through. I do NOT like my eggs runny!!!

I like my tortilla to be crispy, so I cook it about 30 seconds on each side until it is a little browned. Add eggs, bacon, and cheese, then roll up like a burrito and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment