Friday, April 9, 2010

Applesauce Chocolate Chip Cookies

I got this recipe from my Aunt Karen, they are AMAZING!!!! For reals, I love them!!! So go get some cloves and nutmeg and try them out!!!

Applesauce Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup applesauce
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 package chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate... for these ones I did half white chocolate chips because I didn't have a whole bag of choco chips... not great, but it worked)
OPTIONAL: 1/2 cup nuts (I don't like nuts in my treats! I only like nuts by themselves with a little salt... OR coated in cinnamon sugar of coarse mmm!)

In a small bowl combine the applesauce and baking soda, set aside. In a large bowl mix the shortening and sugar. Add the eggs, spices and salt, mix all together. Add the applesauce mixture. Mix in the flour. Add the chocolate chips! SO easy... such great results (just how I like it!!).

Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray (or grease it) plop a scoop of dough on there, bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.




1 comment:

  1. Visiting from the Christmas cookie linkup! These sound really great! :)

    ReplyDelete