Thursday, July 1, 2010

Chocolate Frosting


This is the recipe my mom usually uses for Texas sheet cake and also the red velvet bundt cake I'll tell you about in a minute. This frosting is SO good, I can eat it by the spoonful... not kidding... SOOO good!!

Chocolate Frosting

4 TBS butter
3 TBS cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
abt. 4 c. powdered sugar
3 TBS milk

Melt the butter in a small saucepan (or you can just melt it in the microwave, I just do it in a saucepan cuz that is how my mom does it... I think because back in the day they didn't have microwaves :) hehe just kidding mom... but really is that why?) Add the cocoa to the melted butter. Add the powdered sugar... it will get really dry and kinda clumpy just keep mixing together and try to smooth it out as much as you can. Add vanilla then add the milk 1 TBS at a time and whip it until it is glossy and the right consistency. You want it to be runny enough so that it will drizzle, but not too runny so that it'll drip all the way off your cake! (Look at picture below)





This recipe is just off of the side of the box of a cake mix (it is really called devil's food pound cake) and I like to make it with a red velvet mix instead of devil's food. I don't make cake from scratch cuz honestly I think the box kind tastes better, maybe I'll find a good recipe somewhere that I do like better, anyone have one that they'd like to share??

Red Velvet Bundt Cake

1 package red velvet cake mix

1 package instant chocolate pudding mix

4 eggs

1 1/4 c. water

1/2 c. vegetable oil

Grease and flour a bundt pan. Mix cake, pudding mix, eggs, oil, and water in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment