Thursday, July 29, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls


I got this recipe from joythebaker and it was SO good! Seriously who doesn't LOVE cookie dough?? I made mine into smaller balls, in hopes of not eating it all at once... not really successful, instead I just went to the freezer more frequently :)


Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls


1 stick (1/2 Cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature

1 Cup plus 2 TBS all purpose flour

1/2 tsp baking soda

3/4 tsp salt

1/2 Cup brown sugar

1/3 Cup granulated sugar

1 tsp vanilla extract

1/3 Cup apple sauce (she also suggests peanut butter or greek yogurt)

1 Cup chocolate chips, I used milk chocolate cuz thats what I like best!

optional 1/2 cup walnuts... I opted out :)


In a mixer with the paddle attachment cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add applesauce and vanilla and stir to combine.

Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together. Add all at once to the butter mixture and stir until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.

Scoop large spoonfuls onto a prepared baking sheet covered with wax paper. Place into the freezer overnight or until frozen, at least 3 hours.


She dipped hers in chocolate, which sounds really good, but I ran out of chocolate chips!!

2 comments:

  1. Question - once frozen do they have to remain in the freezer or refrigerator? I'm thinking dipped in the chocolate and package up nicely these might make great teacher or neighbor gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you serve them right out of the freezer, I think they might get pretty soft if you kept them in the fridge. Thats a good idea, give them away or you'll eat them all (I speak from experience!) :)

    ReplyDelete