Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Madeleines


Holy Smokes! That was a long vacation! I went to visit my family for a few weeks and had a blast, but now down to business! I made two batches of these for the mother daughter activity for Activity Day Girls, the theme was under the sea and I thought these would fit in perfectly!
I found this recipe here
Madeleines
2 eggs, room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp lemon zest (I just added a little bit of lemon juice cuz I didn't have a lemon)
1 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease and flour 3 inch madeleine mold.
In a mixer beat the eggs, vanilla and lemon zest on high for 5 minutes. Gradually add powdered sugar and mix for 5-7 minutes, until smooth and satiny. Sift the flour and baking powder together, sift 1/4 of the flour onto the egg mixture and gently fold in. Repeat until all flour is folded in. Add melted butter. Spoon batter into prepared molds 3/4 full.
Bake for about 10 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and the tops spring back up when pushed down. Cool for 1 minute in molds on racks, then if necessary, loosen with a knife (mine slid right out) and invert onto the rack. Roll in powdered sugar or dip the ends into melted chocolate. Store in an air tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment