Friday, June 18, 2010

Tortellini Bake


I just threw this together the other night... I have not been doing good with my menus lately, my trip just really threw off my groove, but hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things soon! :)


This recipe was adapted from this one here from mykitchencafe (love her recipes!)


I halved mine and changed some things so I'll give you the halved version and if you have more people to feed double it :)
Tortellini Bake

8 oz tortellini
1 c. shredded chicken breast (or cubed)
1 TBS flour
(she calls for 3/4 c. sour cream but I was out, so...)
1/2 c. half and half
1/4 c. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. chicken broth
1 1/2 c. triple cheddar shredded cheese (she calls for 2 cups for a whole recipe, but I like my cheese!!! )

Cook the tortellini for 2-3 minutes, drain and set aside. I used a bag of shredded chicken from my freezer, if you don't have that you can cook and shred some or put 1 TBS oil into a skillet and cook the chicken until it is fully done then cut it into bite size chunks. Put the chicken in to skillet and sprinkle with the flour then add the chicken broth, stir until thickened. Add the cream cheese and half and half, by the way it was SO good, really creamy (or just use sour cream if you have it). Spray a 9x9 pan with cooking spray Put tortellini into the bottom and sprinkle with half of the cheese. Pour chicken and sauce mixture over the top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.

Cover with tin foil and cook it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes, until it is slightly browned around the edges and the sauce is bubbling.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, we must have similar tastes (or should I say dislikes). Mykitchencafe is one of my favorite recipe blogs for simple yummy recipes!

    ReplyDelete