Monday, June 28, 2010

Beef Stew


YUM, I love beef stew! Best part about this is how easy it was to make! As you've probably gathered from my previous posts I like to make my meat ahead then put it into the freezer for future use. It is so nice to not have to worry about cooking the meat for the meal the same day, maybe it's just me but cooking/shredding meat is not very fun and it is time consuming. And it saves so much time because I just cook a lot of it at once instead of cooking it each time a want to use it! This meat is leftover roast that I shredded and put into the freezer, so a little extra effort of shredding the beef after I've made the roast makes for a super fast meal when I need to throw something together! I guess I'm in rambling mode today... on to the recipe!
Beef Stew
4 Carrots
3 Potatoes
1 1/2 c. Shredded beef (YES shredded!!)
3 or 4 tsp Beef bouillon (add according to taste)
1 TBS corn starch
1/4 c. cold water
Salt and pepper to taste
Onion powder, just a little to give it more flavor
Peel carrots and potatoes and cut them into bite sized pieces and put into a medium/large saucepan. Cover with water so that the water is abt. an inch over the top of the vegetables. Boil for 8-10 minutes. Add the shredded beef, bouillon, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Mix the corn starch with the cold water and strain it into the stew, boil for one minute or until thickened.
Eat with a side of homemade rolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment