Friday, March 4, 2011

Hobo Dinners


This is a really simple meal that is really good and has lots of veggies!

1lb ground beef (I use less b/c I don't like a ton of meat in mine)
1 can french style green beans
1 c. frozen white corn or 1 can corn
3 or 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
2 or 3 potatoes, peeled and sliced/cubed
onion powder
garlic salt
salt and pepper
2 TBS butter

Get 2 big pieces of tin foil ( like 16 in.) divide meat and veggies onto each one. For my hubby I shape the ground beef into a patty and for me I break it into small pieces and just mix it all in with the veggies. I usually boil the potatoes and carrots for a few minutes because they take while to cook otherwise. Put a TBS of butter in each one. Salt, pepper and flavor w/ just a little bit of onion powder and garlic salt. You don't want too put to much and I usually just add some salt afterwards cuz you can always add more, but you can't take it out!! :) fold the tin foil over so it is sealed and place on a baking sheet. Cook in the oven at 475 degrees for 10 minutes then flip and cook it for an additional 7-10 minutes until the vegetables are all soft and the meat is cooked through!

2 comments:

  1. just want to comment - we do a very similar thing but with chicken breast... so yummy! just season the chicken with salt and pepper, and some herbs on hand... then do the same thing.. pot's, carrots, corn, or whatever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet this would be good on the grill!

    ReplyDelete