Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sugar Cookie, Candy Pizza

Sadly I didn't get a picture with all of the toppings on because I brought it to an activity for girls to assemble themselves.
I am a leader for Activity Girls in my ward at church and I was in charge of bringing the treat. (I am always very quick to volunteer for bringing treat :) ) I decided to make 2 soft sugar cookies in my tart pan, bring some vanilla frosting for them to spread on and then some kit-kats, reese's, and mini m&ms for the toppings... YUM!

I got the recipe out of my Taste of Home cook book and the only thing I changes was I took out the almond extract and added 1/4 tsp extra of vanilla extract.

Soft Sugar Cookies
1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
Toppings
vanilla frosting
Kit-Kats, cut into small pieces
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, cut into small pieces
Mini M&M's
(whatever you like best!)
Cream the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Gradually add the the creamed butter mixture. I used my tart pan that has a removable bottom and it worked great because I think it would be hard to get out otherwise, if you don't have one I'd suggest using a pizza pan that has a small lip and just serve it in the pan (if you use the pizza pan it'd probably just make one really big cookie instead of 2 medium sized ones like I made.). Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
Spread with frosting and top with candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment