Friday, September 24, 2010

Corn Bread




This turned out really good! I usually just use the Jiffy corn muffin mix and add some sugar to it but since I didn't have any I thought I'd try it from scratch!

I got this recipe from here but I switched the amount of the flour and cornmeal so it would be less cake like and more corn bread-like.

Corn Bread

2/3 cup butter
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 2/3 cups milk
1/2 cup flour
2 cups corn meal
4 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt


In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar. In a separate bowl combine the eggs and milk. And in yet another bowl combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. Alternating add some of the dry mixture to the butter then the wet mixture, little at a time until it is all mixed in. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 22-27 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm with butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment