Friday, June 1, 2018

Instant Pot Skillet Lasagna



Instant Pot Skillet Lasagna

I love this meal! I do a lot of different versions of this depending on how much time I have and what I have in my pantry. A lot of times I just do it meatless. I like to make my own pasta sauce using tomato paste and seasoning it myself but a jar of pasta sauce works great too. You can use broken up lasagna noodles but I just use whatever pasta I have on hand and it still tastes great. 

.5 lb ground beef (optional) 

1 package pasta OR lasagna noodles(I like to use the organic pasta from Costco, Garofalo brand, because it is thicker and doesn't turn to mush in the instant pot)

1 Large jar of pasta sauce OR 2 cans of tomato paste, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic salt, onion powder, and a dash of red pepper flakes... add 3 cans of extra water if you use the tomato paste

4 cups water

ADD AFTER PRESSURE COOKING:
A handful of mozzarella cheese

Stir in some Parmesan Cheese 

1 cup ricotta cheese



Saute the ground beef until it is browned then deglaze the bottom of the pot with some of the water.  Add the pasta then the 4 cups water and pour the tomato sauce on top.  Cook on MANUAL for 4 minutes high pressure. Quick release the pressure, carefully sometimes it'll sputter some of the liquid.  When pressure is fully release remove the lid and if it is a little to soupy then saute until the liquid is cooked down. Stir in the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Add dollops of the ricotta all over the top and sprinkle a little more mozzarella on top. 



No comments:

Post a Comment