Saturday, August 14, 2010

Shepherds Pie


This was very easy to make and we really enjoyed it!
I used this recipe but added a few things and I didn't use the same amounts that she did... and of course I used shredded beef instead of ground!

Shepherds Pie

1/2 lb Shredded Beef
abt. 3/4 can french style green beans (I used the whole thing but it was a little much so next time I'll use less!)
3 carrots, cooked and slices
lots of mashed potatoes.. like 3 cups? I didn't measure it out but you'll need enough to cover the
top of the pie, I used instant mashed potatoes
8 oz can tomato sauce
dash of Worcestershire
1 TBS parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 TBS flour
1 TBS milk
(I also used the leftover potatoes from a roast chopped up in the filling)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice the carrots and put then into a small pot of boiling water and cook until soft. Mix beef, tomato sauce, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, green beans, and carrots.
Mix the flour with 3 TBS water in a small bowl then mix into the beef mixture. Put mixture into a pie dish. Make the mashed potatoes and cover the top of the pie with them, put 2 or 3 vent holes in the potatoes (see picture below). Bake for 20 minutes, then take out and brush potatoes with the milk, I also sprinkled a little cheese on 'cause they were looking a little pale. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment