Thursday, August 19, 2010

Cheese Ball


YUM YUM YUM!!!! This is a super good recipe that I got from my Sister in Law Heather! She made it for us when we were at their house for Christmas and I couldn't stay away from it! I made it last night because I had a few people over for a Spa Demo (I am an independent distributor for NuSkin!) and it was a hit! :) The recipe makes a pretty big cheese ball so I halved it. I'll just give you the original recipe and say next to it if I changed anything... but I really didn't change much!!

Cheese Ball

2 8oz block of cream cheese (16 oz)
2 small packages corned beef (I used salami, I got 1/4 lb from the deli but probably ended up only using half of it... so like 1/8 lb thinly sliced salami)
1 8 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
1/4 tsp garlic powder (I put a little less just cuz garlic powder scares me sometimes... but next time I'll probably just put all of it because the lemon juice balances it out really well, especially if left overnight in the fridge)
1 tsp lemon juice
chopped walnuts

Soften the cream cheese, just let it sit out for a little while. Drain the can of pineapple and squeeze out some of the juice so your cheese ball isn't too runny! Cut the salami into little squares. Mix everything together except for the walnuts until it is all "well balanced" (for example, all of the salami isn't clumped into one place, but is equally distributed throughout the cheese ball :)!) Shape it into a ball and roll until it is covered in crushed walnuts (I really could do without the nuts, but I don't hate them on their either... I just dig into the middle and let everyone else enjoy their nuts!) It looks prettier with the walnuts too. Stick it in the fridge and Heather told me to let it sit over night... but I'm a slacker and didn't make it until a few hours before, which tasted fine... but don't be a slacker like me, take her advice! :) Just keep it in the fridge until right before you serve it! Oh and I bought some crackers (which weren't on sale and I didn't even have a coupon... GASP!! Seriously though, that is a big deal for me... I'm hard core :P) anyways they went REALLY good with the cheese ball, they are Brenton Minis, the original flavor. Brenton is the kinda puffy really big crackers but these were just little bite size ones and not so puffy... really good though!!






No comments:

Post a Comment