Thursday, September 1, 2011

Strawberry Banana Green Smoothie



Ok so we are TRYING to eat healthier... this has never been one of my strong points! So I was trying to figure out how to get more fruits and veggies in our day and I came across green smoothies. I thought it could be the solution (I love smoothies!), but I was VERY suspicious of the claims that you couldn't even taste the greens.

Well I went for it and it was delicious! I noticed the smell was a little different (might have been in my head :P) but it tasted just like a strawberry banana smoothie. My daughter drank it all up and cried for more! :)

I'm no expert but here is what I did, It made enough for about 2 big smoothies

Strawberry Banana Green Smoothie

1 1/2 - 2 C. Spinach
1 Banana
1 C. frozen Strawberries
1 C. lemonade (or juice of a lemon and water)
1 TBS Ground flax seed
1 tsp. Honey or Agave Nector
2 oz g3 (you can find that here on my website, it is a juice with lots of benefits)
1/2 C. Ice

Put the lemonade (or water) in the blender with the spinach and blend until smooth. Add the banana, strawberries, and g3, blend until strawberries are broken up (my blender had a little bit of a hard time but i just turned it off then back on a few times) Add the flax seed, honey and ice and blend until it is the consistency you want. Drink it all up and feel healthy! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment