Sunday, September 11, 2011

Granola Bars

I got this recipe from here

Granola Bars - Chocolate Chip

2 cups plain granola
4 TBS butter
1/2 C. Brown sugar
1/4 C. Honey
1 C. Rice Krispies
1 TBS Ground Flax Seed
1/2 C. Mini Chocolate Chips

Apple Berry

All ingredients listed above except for the chocolate chips
1/3 C. Craisins
3 TBS Dried apple Pieces

Mix the granola, rice krispies, and flax seed in a large bowl. Set aside.
Mix the butter, brown sugar, and honey in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring it to a boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add to the dry ingredients and add in your fruit or chocolate chips and mix until it is evenly coated. Press into a parchment lined baking sheet and let it chill in the fridge for 15-20 minutes. Lift parchment paper out of pan, set on the counter and I used our plastic pizza cutter to shape the bars. I had issues with my chocolate chips melting and getting all over my hands as I pressed it, so maybe just let it cool a little before adding the chocolate chips ?? I'll try it next time and see how it goes. I keep mine in the freezer and eat them hard (frozen) or you can let them thaw and they are chewy! So easy and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment