Monday, August 8, 2011

Peanut Butter Bars



Here is another great recipe from my Aunt Karen! And another semi-homemade dessert!

Every time I make these they remind me of my little brother Jake because he always wanted them for his birthday when we were growing up!

Peanut Butter Bars

1 yellow cake mix
3/4 C. Rolled or quick oats (I use quick oats, rolled oats will give it more texture)
1/2 C. melted margarine
1/4 C. Peanut Butter
1 egg

Frosting

1/2 C. peanut
1/2 can Chocolate Frosting

Combine all of the ingredients and mix until it all comes together, it will be a very thick mixture. Press evenly into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Let it cool completely, mix the frosting and peanut butter and frost the cooled bars.

I just love things that are fast and easy, but still so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment