Saturday, August 20, 2011

Chicken Taquitos



Taquitos are pretty expensive to buy but you can make double the amount (or triple depending on how cheap you can get the chicken!!) for the same price! I made a bunch of these for my husband to bring to work, I made a huge batch of chicken (like 6lbs of chicken breast). I didn't really use exact measurements so you just kinda do it to taste but I'll write down what I did and if you have any questions let me know!

Chicken Taquitos

40-50 Corn tortillas
5 or 6lbs Shredded chicken breast
1 can Cream of chicken soup
Onion powder
Garlic salt
Chili powder (quite a bit)
Cumin
Sat
Pepper
Cayenne powder
Oil for frying

Serve with Guacamole, sour cream, and/or salsa


Mix the chicken with the cream of chicken soup, it should still be pretty dry. Add all of the seasoning to taste and mix it all up until it is evenly incorporated. Get the corn tortillas wet with a little water then microwave them for 15 seconds so they wont break when you roll them up (I did 5-10 at a time just make sure to brush a little water on each of them). Heat oil in a skillet, I just put a couple inches of oil on the bottom so I didn't really deep fry them, but just rolled them in the oil and it worked out pretty good. Fill the tortillas with the chicken mixture and using tongs put them into the oil. I set them in the oil so the flap was facing down so it wouldn't come unrolled then using the tongs I rolled them until each side was crisp. To make the process faster I recruited my hubby to fry them while I made them! They don't stay rolled up very well before frying so you can make one then fry it, make one fry it, and so on... but it is much easier with a second person!

No comments:

Post a Comment