Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Baked Ziti




This is like the easiest recipe and honestly I don’t love it because the sauce is a little overwhelming for me… I’m more of an alfredo girl, which now that I think about it is a great idea for next time!! But if you are fine with tomato sauce then this is for you! As you can see from the picture mine is seriously lacking in the cheese department... the cheesier the better, we just ran out!


Baked Ziti

1 lb box ziti

1 jar of spaghetti sauce

8 oz mozzarella cheese

½ C. Parmesan cheese

See I told you… easy! Cook the pasta until it is al dente. Drain the pasta and pour back into the pot. Pour the sauce over the pasta(I blend my sauce so it is smooth… I hate chunks in my sauce, it is the reason I never ate sauce growing up!!). Mix until the pasta is evenly coated. I like to throw in a handful of mozzarella cheese and mix it in. Pour into a 9x13 cake pan… I like to use a glass Pyrex. Level it out and top with the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment