Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Instant Pot Orange Chicken

We LOVE orange chicken, so when I got my Instant Pot I knew I had to convert my normal recipe to make it a meal that we could enjoy more often!  So this is a non-fried version but still really tasty.

You will need:
2-3 chiken breasts, cut into 1-2 inch cubes
1 TBS finely grated ginger
1 TBS finely grated garlic
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 TBS soy sauce
6 TBS vinegar
6 TBS sugar
couple dashes of red pepper flakes, salt and pepper

TO ADD AFTER pressure cooking
1 TBS corn starch
1 TBS cold water
1 tsp sesame oil

Dump first list of ingredients into the pot, mix it up and press Manual button, make sure it is set to high pressure and set for 4 minutes.  When it is done quick release the pressure and press the Saute button.  Mix the cold water and corn starch.  Add in the corn starch mixture and stir until it is thickened up. Mix in the sesame oil.

I saute broccoli, zucchini, shredded carrots, and sugar snap peas in lard or avocado oil with some salt, pepper and soy sauce.  Also serve with fried rice!



P.S.sorry my blog is full of bad pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment