Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Semi-Homemade Mini Cinnamon Rolls


These were so fast and easy and they were really good!

I got the idea from here

I was searching for something to bring to a potluck and I had a Pillsbury French bread in a can in my fridge so I popped it open, unrolled it and made these mini cinnamon rolls!!

Mini Cinnamon Rolls

1 package Pillsbury french bread, unrolled
butter
cinnamon
sugar

Just roll out the french bread dough and roll it out so it is pretty long so you can get a bunch of small rolls. Cover it with butter and sprinkle it with sugar and lots of cinnamon! Roll it up lengthwise and using a thread cut slits evenly apart depending on how tall you want them, I just made little ones. Cook them at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes (not sure on the time, sorry) until they start to get a tad golden on top. Drizzle with butter cream glaze and enjoy!!

Butter Cream Glaze

2 TBS softened butter
1/4 tsp vanilla
dash of salt
dash of cream of tarter
1 C. powdered sugar
scalded milk or cream

I quartered the recipe for butter cream glaze that I used for these Cinnamon Rolls and added a little extra milk to make it more runny so I could drizzle it on. It wasn't really exact I just threw it together ... I just microwaved like 2 TBS of Milk until it was scalded and added it to the rest of the ingredients until it was the right consistency. You can add more powdered sugar if you add too much milk also.

3 comments:

  1. You had me at semi-homemade! I'm such a lazy baker.

    Do you think using vanilla cake frosting and mixing with scalded milk would work as the glaze?

    I'm too lazy to make glaze!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't done it personally but I looked on betty crocker.com and it looks like if you just microwave the store bought it'll get runny and you can drizzle it over! The recipe I saw said 15 seconds at 50% power for 1/2 C. frosting! I hope it turns out,Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent idea! I'm going to have to try this. I love anything with butter cream. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete